Sunday, June 6

 

Background

My name is Bob Mitchell. I work for Sony Online as a senior programmer. Among other things, I've worked on the user interfaces for PlanetSide and EverQuest II.

Before SOE and Verant, I worked at QUALCOMM. And before that I attended Harvey Mudd College where I graduated with an engineering degree and a concentration in psychology. My psychology thesis was in novice vs expert users and command line vs graphical interfaces. My engineering project involved detecting the number of stars in a cluster using Bayesian probability.

I won't be talking directly about the games I've worked on, nor the competitors, because I can't, and wouldn't even if I could. However, I have learned many user interface development lessons from these projects that I hope to share. More importantly, I want to share my growing passion for game usability. Enjoy.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?